Blowdown Valve - Series 320
The primary function of a blowdown valve is to control the concentrations of suspended & total dissolved solids (TDS) in the boiler. Boiler blowdown is a severe service application which results in rapid erosion and wearing out of conventional valves.
Continuous Blowdown (CBD) valves are designed to operate in continuous open position by releasing water continuously through a blowdown tap near the boiler water surface, thereby maintaining the TDS level in the boiler drum. IndiTech Continuous Blowdown Valve is an angle type valve with a needle shaped trim in a venturi diffuser. The venturi diffuser provides sufficient area for the high velocity flashing water, thereby avoiding choked flow.
Intermittent Blowdown (IBD) valves are designed to operate at predetermined intervals by releasing water & accumulated sludge periodically through a blowdown tap near the bottom of the boiler. The primary requirement of these valves is to provide tight shut-off even after repetitive blowdown operations. Earlier, these two functions (blowdown and sealing) were performed by two different valves installed in series and operated in a definite sequence. IndiTech Intermittent Blowdown Valve carries out both these functions in sequence i.e. blowdown in open position and sealing in closed position. This is achieved by providing a multi-step throttling plug, which splits the total pressure drop across each step. The sealing area is separate from the throttling area, which reduces erosion and provides leak tightness even after prolonged usage.
- Separate trim design for CBD and IBD - CBD has a single step venturi diffuser, whereas IBD has multi step pressure reducing trim. Valve body is same.
- Angle pattern design - for straight through flow at outlet.
- Pressure seal bonnet for ANSI #1500 and #2500 - to avoid body-bonnet leakage at high pressures.
- Stellited plug-spindle & seat - gives maximum resistance against wear, wiredrawing and provides long service life.
- Integral plug-spindle - eliminates problem of vibration & chatter.
- Extra-long gland packing - maintains tight seal even at high temperatures
- Roller burnished plug-spindle - ensures minimum friction & zero gland leakage.
- Online maintenance of gland packing - facilitated by provision of back seat.
- Quick and easy installation, dismantling & maintenance.
|Size||1″, 1 ½″ & 2″|
|Pressure Rating||ANSI #300, #600, #800, #900, #1500, #2500|
|Body Material||A105, A182 F22|
|End Connections||Flanged, Socket Weld, Butt Weld|
|Orifice Size||1/8″, 3/16″, 1/4″, 5/16″, 3/8″, 7/16″, 1/2″, 5/8″, 3/4″, 7/8″, 1″|
|Types||320-C Continuous Blowdown Valve (CBD)|
320-I Intermittent Blowdown Valve (IBD)